How far is a full marathon?
A full marathon is 26.2 miles or about 42km.
A marathon is an achievable distance if you prepare in advance. Take a look at our 2013 training plans and healthy living tips for some great advice on how to make your Shine walk a fun and exciting experience.
If you have taken part in a Shine half marathon before, why not boost your challenge and participate in the full marathon in 2014?
The distance of the Shine full marathon is about the same as...
- Walking from Canary Wharf to Basildon, Essex
- Walking 131 times around The Emirates football pitch
- Walking four times around the Tamsin trail at Richmond Park
- Walking from Brighton to Eastbourne
- Walking three times around Windsor Great Park
How long will it take?
Shine is not competitive, so you can walk at your own pace. Walking a full marathon will take you on average eight to nine hours, but we encourage you to enjoy the evening and take your time to walk and raise money for the fight against cancer.
Want to join our army of Shiners in 2014?
Register your interest for next year and be the first to know when our website opens for entries.