What to bring
What you'll need at your Shine event
One the night of your event you need to bring a few things with you:
- Your back sign and walking number that you received in your welcome pack
- Supportive trainers or walking boots for walking long distances (a walking marathon is not the time to try out your brand new trainers so make sure you’ve worn them in!)
- Plasters – just in case
- Safety pins – so you can attach your number and back sign to your top
- A bottle of water so you can stay hydrated
- Extra layers of clothing to keep you warm and dry (whatever the temperature in the day it will get cold overnight!)
- Your Donation Station bag, or any bag, full of your quality unwanted items
- Money as you might have the chance to purchase hot drinks or additional snacks on the night
- Mobile phone
- Light – It’s your time to Shine. Decorate yourself with bright colours and lights that can be seen at night. Be creative and dress up with your friends and family. Have a look at the Shine Facebook page for photos from last year for inspiration
If you haven't received or have misplaced your running number and back sign, don't worry, you can visit the enquiries tent on the night for a replacement. Just make sure you arrive earlier to allow sufficient time to do this.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any questions about Shine that are not answered here, take a look at the Shine FAQ page. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, then call our team on 0871 641 1430 who will be happy to help. Our lines are open Monday to Friday from 8.00am to 6.00pm. Calls cost 8p per minute plus network extras.
Let's walk all over cancer!