How far is a full marathon?
A full marathon is 26.2 miles or about 42 kilometres.
Walking a full marathon can be a bit daunting, but it’s an achievable distance if you prepare in advance.
If you sign up to walk Shine’s full marathon, you’ll be walking 26.2 miles around London, lighting up the night sky past iconic landmarks like The Shard. So what does 26.2 miles look like exactly?
The distance of the Shine Night Walk full marathon is about the same as...
- Walking from Canary Wharf to Basildon, Essex
- Walking 121 times around Ewood Park, Blackburn Rovers’ football pitch
- Walking four times around the Tamsin trail at Richmond Park
- Walking from Brighton to Eastbourne
- Walking three times around Windsor Great Park
How long will it take?
Shine isn't competitive, so you can walk at your own pace. Walking a full marathon will take you eight to nine hours, but we encourage you to enjoy the evening, walk at your own pace and raise money for the fight against cancer.
Shine Night Walk’s training partner, TrainSmart, has provided some handy Shine training plans for you to use. Download the Shine Night Walk training plans.
Sleep can wait. Beating cancer can't.
Sign up to walk Shine Night Walk and raise money to help us beat cancer sooner.